Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses

NSW Rural Assistance Authority (RAA)

Call the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 for:

  • Sporting club assistance – concessional loans for eligible sporting clubs
  • Church and non-profit organisation assistance – up to $15,000 recovery grants (33 LGAs) and concessional loans for eligible churches and non-profit organisations.
  • The Natural Disaster Transport Subsidy pays for the cost of transporting:
    • fodder and/or water to an affected property
    • stock to sale or slaughter
    • stock to/from agistment.

See Disaster relief loans and Grants and subsidies for more information.

Programs and services

  • BlazeAid - Working alongside rural communities, this volunteer-based organisation helps rebuild fences and other structures that are damaged or destroyed in bushfires.
  • Rural Adversity Mental Health Program – Connects people living in regional, rural and remote NSW with local mental health services and resources.
  • Rural Financial Counselling Service – Counsellors provide individual support to primary producers who are experiencing, or are at risk of, financial hardship. The service is free and confidential.
  • Rural Resilience Program – Helping build resilience by linking rural communities, families and individuals with the most appropriate services and information.


The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program supports students with the costs of studying at university or at a vocational education and training institution. The scholarships are valued at up to $18,000.

Special consideration will be given to students from bushfire-affected communities. Contact QTAC on 1800 290 979 or email if you're having difficulty developing or submitting an application due to the fires.


The NSW Government and the Commonwealth are covering the full cost of cleaning up eligible NSW properties that have been destroyed by bushfires since 1 July 2019. This includes both insured and uninsured properties.

If you'd like help with the cleaning up of your property, see Register to opt in to the NSW bushfire clean-up.

For health advice on returning safely to your home or business after a bushfire, such as wearing protective clothing, handling waste and managing food and water supplies, visit NSW Health.

Only licensed builders, tradespeople and contractors should be engaged to undertake remediation work associated with:

  • asbestos contamination
  • demolition of structures
  • specialist rebuilding and fit-out work such as:
    • electrical wiring
    • plumbing
    • drainage
    • gasfitting
    • air conditioning
    • refrigeration (except plug-in appliances). 

To check a builder, tradesperson or related licence, see Check a builder or tradesperson licence.


If your land borders public land and you've had fences damaged or destroyed in the 2019/20 NSW bushfires, you can apply for funding to help cover the cost of rebuilding boundary fences. 

Up to $5000 per kilometre is available as part of the 'Supporting our neighbours - public land boundary fencing program'. If you’ve already started rebuilding, you can still receive a backdated payment.

For more information or to apply, visit Local Land Services or call 1300 778 080.

Office of Local Government

The Office of Local Government (OLG) is liaising between bushfire-impacted councils that need assistance, and councils that have the capacity to help.

They have teamed up with the City of Sydney, Sydney Resilience Office and Local Government NSW, to establish the Local Government Bushfire Recovery Support Group.

The Recovery Support Group is maintaining a register of all offers of support from LGAs across NSW. The aim of the Register is to provide one central location for local councils to access and track the availability of:

  • expertise
  • relief staff
  • services
  • plants and assets.