Australian Red Cross

The Red Cross is providing immediate financial assistance if you're suffering hardship as a result of the 2019/2020 bushfires.

They have 3 cash grants available and applications will be open until 30 April 2020.

  • Emergency grant – a $20,000 payment if your primary place of residence has been destroyed or rendered uninhabitable.
  • Injury grant – a $7500 payment if you've spent 2 or more days in hospital due to physical injuries or mental health issues resulting from the bushfires, from July 2019.
  • Primary residence repair grant – a $5000 payment if your home has been structurally damaged and needs repair to make it safe to live in.

Visit Red Cross Bushfire Grants Q&A for more information, or call 1800 733 276.


Anglicare is providing assistance to bushfire-impacted communities through emergency housing, homelessness support and food relief. If you've been affected by the bushfire crisis call 1800 875 153 or 6152 8444.

Anglicare locations fall with 3 Anglican dioceses: 

  • Canberra/Goulburn
  • Riverina
  • Bathurst.

Ask Izzy

Ask Izzy helps you find services you need, now and nearby. It is free and anonymous, and there are over 360,000 services you can search.

If you’re on the Telstra mobile network, you can access Ask Izzy even if you don’t have credit.


BlazeAid is a volunteer-based organisation and works with families and individuals in rural communities who are in genuine need of volunteer assistance. They help clear, repair or replace fences that have been damaged or destroyed in natural disasters such as bushfires.

BlazeAid volunteers set up a basecamp and work in a disaster-affected area for many months, not only helping individuals and families, but also helping rebuild the local communities.

If there is not a camp near you, contact your local council.

Dress for Success

Dress for Success is sending out bushfire relief packages to women who are in need of clothing. The packs are tailored to each individual with correct sizing, work type, individual needs and lifestyle requirements.

You can email to arrange a pack.

Financial Rights Legal Centre

The Financial Rights Legal Centre is a community legal centre offering advice and support for people in financial distress. Their Bushfires Insurance Guide – PDF provides advice for those living in bushfire-prone areas.

Hearing Australia

Hearing Australia buses are visiting bushfire-impacted areas to help clients who may be in need of replacement hearing aids, or batteries. You can also call them on 1800 826 500 for assistance.

National Debt Helpline

The National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems. If you're in financial difficulty as a result of the fires, visit Bushfires – Financial Difficulty or call 1800 007 007 for free support.

NSW Land Registry

NSW Land Registry Services (NSW LRS) is a private company that operates the land titles registry on behalf of the NSW Government. They are providing title searches and plan images of properties free of charge, for landholders who have been impacted by the bushfires.

Property searches and plans can assist landholders with insurance claims and development applications to council, as well as provide peace of mind regarding land ownership.

Call the NSW LRS on 1300 396 076 (regional callers) or 8776 3575 to talk to a team member.

Rapid Relief Team

The Rapid Relief Team (RRT) is providing a $1000 Eftpos gift card, and a family food box for eligible individuals and families who have lost their home in the bushfires.

If you'd like to register for the RRT bushfire relief, visit Operation Fire Relief Registration and complete the online form.

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is working with federal, state and local government, as well as community organisations to best meet the needs of people impacted by the fires. They are providing financial assistance as well as emotional support and rererrals.

Call 1300 662 217 or email if you need help.

St Vincent de Paul

If you've suffered property loss or damage as a result of the fires, or you require other support, you can apply for assistance online. VInnies will contact you as soon as they can.

To find out about all emergency assistance Vinnies is providing, visit their Disaster Recovery Assistance page or call 13 18 12.