COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size

Certificates, licences, permits and registrations

Birth, Marriage, Change of Name certificates

Birth, Marriage or Change of Name certificates that have been destroyed due to a natural disaster can be reissued at no charge at your nearest Service NSW Centre. Service NSW can also help you to replace certificates registered in other Australian states and territories or in New Zealand.

Fishing licences

If your current recreational fishing licence has been lost or destroyed in a natural disaster, it can be replaced at no charge by calling 02 4424 7499 or emailing

Liquor & Gaming NSW licences, certificates and documents 

Liquor & Gaming NSW is providing the following support to licensees who have been affected by the floods:

  • replacement copies of destroyed licences and identification cards
  • extensions of interim certificates reaching their 90-day limit
  • replacement signage cost waivers or reductions
  • financial hardship provisions for annual liquor licence fees
  • extra assistance for liquor licence applications
  • temporary relocation of liquor licences to other premises. 

If you have lost your physical competency card, download a digital version. You can also find basic details of your licence, including licence number and conditions, at the online register.

Liquor premises licence documents can be downloaded for free through the liquor licence manager portal.

For more information, contact Liquor & Gaming NSW on 1300 024 720 or by email at with details of your situation. Include ‘Flood assistance’ in the subject line. 

NSW Fair Trading licences, permits and certificates

Free replacement of the following licences, permits or certificates that have been destroyed or lost during the floods:

  • home building: contractor, qualified supervisor, tradesperson
  • motor vehicle dealer, repairer, tradesperson
  • pawnbroker and second-hand dealer
  • paintball marker
  • conveyancer
  • tow truck driver (tow truck operators should contact the Police who will advise NSW Fair Trading)
  • tattoo parlour or tattooist (email

​​​​To apply for a replacement card use the Application for a Duplicate Licence, Certificate or Permit – PDF, and note on the form that the reason for the card replacement is that it was lost in the bushfires or flood. Also provide the home address if it is different to your nominated address.

For further assistance, visit your nearest Service NSW Centre or call 13 77 88.

SafeWork NSW licences, permits and certificates

SafeWork NSW is offering free replacement of some licences, permits and certificates that have been destroyed or lost during the floods. To arrange a replacement, call 13 10 50.

Vehicle and vessel registrations and licences

For detailed information on driving and transport documents, visit our Driving and transport page.

Citizenship documents

  • Passport – if your passport has been lost or damaged, you may be eligible for a free replacement. You'll only need to provide basic information to confirm your identity and that you were in a natural disaster area. No application form will be required.
    Call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232.
  • Australian citizenship certificate – can be replaced free of charge provided you apply within 18 months of the natural disaster event. Visit Department of Home Affairs for more information.

Election enrolment

If you're temporarily absent from your enrolled address due to a natural disaster, you don't need to update your enrolment. For more information, visit the Australian Electoral Commission's enrolment advice page.

Family law documents

If your divorce order, current orders or other family law documents have been lost or destroyed in a natural disaster, you can get a replacement copy at no charge at a family law registry. Visit the Federal Circuit Court of Australia’s website for more information.

Medicare card

If your Medicare card has been damaged or lost in a natural disaster, you can request a new card by:

Your new card will replace your old card. You’ll have the same Medicare number that you did before, but your old card will no longer be valid. We’ll send your new card in 3 to 4 weeks to the address you give us. You can use a digital copy of your Medicare card in the meantime.