Motor dealers are involved in buying, selling or exchanging motor vehicles as a retailer or a wholesaler. Motor vehicles include cars, motorcycles, caravans, and some trailers.
Learn more about motor dealers by browsing our selection of transactions and videos that may be relevant to you.
- Apply for a motor dealer licence
- Apply for a motor dealer wholesaler licence
- Apply for a motor vehicle recycler licence
- Change the details of your premises
- Change the details on a motor dealer licence
- Check a motor dealer's licence
- Renew a motor dealer licence
- Replace a motor dealer licence
- Restore a motor dealer licence
- Surrender a motor dealer licence
Motor dealer agreement
The Dealer Vehicle Registration Scheme (DVRS) authorises motor dealers to perform certain registration transactions on behalf of their customers at the point of sale.
Apply for a motor dealer agreement (Dealer Vehicle Registration Scheme)
Dealer Online (DOL)
Dealer Online (DOL) is an online system that allows accredited motor dealer staff to perform registration transactions for their dealership and customers, without attending a registry or service centre.
Trader’s plates are issued to motor businesses to allow them to drive unregistered vehicles for demonstration purposes, or move vehicles from one dealership or repair shop to another.