If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness and need immediate accommodation, please contact Link2Home on 1800 152 152.
Anglicare provides assistance through emergency housing, homelessness support and food relief.
If you've been affected by a natural disaster you can:
- find local Anglicare Housing and Homelessness Support Services
- find an Anglicare service provider in NSW.
Temporary housing sites are being constructed at various locations in the Northern Rivers area of NSW for people who have had their homes affected by floods and storms. These sites will consist of modular homes (also called pods) and caravans.
If you need private rental assistance, social housing or help with understanding your rights as a tenant:
Tenants, landlords and homeowners
You can call 13 32 20 for assistance if you're:
- a tenant or landlord whose rented property is affected by the floods
- a homeowner with a complaint about tradespeople and their flood remediation home building work
- impacted by flood-related issues, such as cancelled accommodation, weddings and services.
Providing private temporary accommodation
If you want to provide additional or temporary accommodation on your property, find out about changes to planning rules for:
If you are planning to rebuild, learn more about changes to the rules including:
- overview of the planning system
- cleaning up and rebuilding
- temporary rules for building works
- how to make a development application.
Resilient Homes Program
Financial assistance will be available to homeowners in high-risk flood areas in the Ballina, Byron, Clarence Valley, Kyogle, Lismore, Richmond Valley, and Tweed local government areas.
Eligible homeowners impacted by the February and March 2022 floods will be eligible for one of the following measures:
Home Buy-back - a payment for the purchase of their house and land
Home Raising - up to $100,000 towards the cost of elevating their home's liveable areas and any associated retrofitting
Home Retrofit - up to $50,000 towards the cost of retrofit and/or repair works to incorporate flood resilient design and materials in liveable areas.
For information, visit Resilient Homes Program.
Free mail redirection
Change your address
Find out how to change your address with:
- Transport for NSW (driver licence, car and boat registration)
- NSW Government
- electoral enrolment (voting)
- building and construction industry licence.