Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

COVID-19 information

As part of the NSW Government’s economic stimulus package, the 5-year licence fee has been waived on new applications and renewals lodged between 15 April 2020 and 14 April 2021.


You'll need a high risk work licence if you intend to work with any of the following:

  • cranes including tower cranes, mobile cranes, vehicle loading cranes, bridge and gantry cranes
  • dogging, rigging and scaffolding
  • forklifts
  • hoists including personnel and materials hoists, elevated work platforms and concrete placing booms
  • pressure equipment such as boilers, turbines and steam engines
  • reach stackers.

You can use your high risk work licence in any Australian state or territory.

To apply for a high risk work licence, you first need to be trained and assessed by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Visit the SafeWork NSW website to check your eligibility and find an RTO.

You'll be taken to another website.