The Medical Energy Rebate helps eligible NSW households cover the costs of their energy bills.
The rebate is for NSW customers who have an inability to self-regulate body temperature when exposed to extreme hot or cold environmental temperatures. To be eligible for the rebate, you'll need to have a diagnosis that you're unable to self-regulate your body temperature.
If you live in an on-supplied residential community, retirement village or strata scheme and you meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply for the rebate online.
Note: 'On supply' means you receive your energy bill or invoice from the strata manager or community/village operator.
You can apply for the Medical Energy Rebate if you or someone living at the address of the eligible customer:
- is a NSW resident
- is an on-supplied customer named on the bill of an energy retailer
- has an inability to self-regulate body temperature
- has been assessed by a registered medical practitioner (who is not the applicant) who has been treating them for at least 3 months
- meets at least one Primary Qualifying Condition and at least one Secondary Qualifying Condition
- holds one of the following concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) or Services Australia
- Health Care Card issued by Services Australia, or
- DVA Gold Card.
If you pay your energy bill directly to an energy retailer, visit Apply for the Medical Energy Rebate (retail customers).
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your personal and contact details
- your pensioner concession, health care or gold card details
- your medical practitioner to complete and sign the Medical Energy Rebate Medical Declaration – PDF
- your bank account details for the electronic funds transfer
- a printed (not hand-written) copy of your latest energy invoice (JPG or PDF file).
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select the 'My services' tab on your dashboard.
- Select the 'Add services' button.
- Select 'Energy rebates'.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter the required details.
- Upload your invoice/bill and your medical practitioner's completed form.
- Submit your application.
If you don't wish to apply online:
- Download and complete Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household – PDF.
- Ask your medical practitioner (GP or specialist) to complete the form.
- Attach a copy of your most recent energy bill.
- Lodge your application by post or email to the details on the form.
- If you've been treated by different doctors from the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) for at least 3 months, you may still be eligible for the rebate.
- You'll receive the rebate as a lump sum payment of $313.50 deposited into your bank account.
- Invoices must be printed or hand-written if:
- they have been prepared from a branded invoice book (company stamps will not be accepted)
- the supplier doesn't have the capacity to provide printed invoices.
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this rebate.
- Medical Energy Rebate Medical Declaration – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Arabic) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Bangla) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Chinese Simplified) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Chinese Traditional) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Greek) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Hindi) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Spanish) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Urdu) – PDF
- Medical Energy Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Vietnamese) – PDF