If you'd like new number plates, with a different style or character/number combination from your present plates, you can order and pay for these online, through myPlates.Order online
Apply for a number plate
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Select Restyle, Personalised or Personalised Plus.
- Enter your proposed content to check if it's available.
- Select a Style Group.
- Select a Style.
- Enter your content (if applicable).
- Configure the costs (if applicable).
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select your delivery option, and either:
- agree to the direct delivery terms and conditions
- enter and validate your direct delivery address
- enter your mobile number and email address, or
- enter your postcode to get your nearest plate collection point.
10. Enter your payment details.
11. Submit your order.
- The plates must match the details on the vehicle's certificate of registration.
- Driving an unregistered vehicle is illegal.
- Number plates are delivered to your nominated service centre/motor registry in approximately 21 days from the date of purchase.
- You'll receive a letter advising when they're ready to collect and the necessary documentation you'll need to provide.
- If you haven't received a letter within 28 days of placing your order, call myPlates on 13 17 58.
- You need to hand in your old plates in order to pick up your new plates.
- Remember to take the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is illegal.
- Direct delivery is only available for privately registered vehicles.
- If you opt for direct delivery you'll need to return your old plates to an Australia Post post office or business centre within 7 days of receiving your new plates, and get a receipt.
For online transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).
For phone transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.