COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Applications closed

Applications for the accommodation support grant are now closed.

Text size


If you’re an accommodation provider who experienced cancellations for stays between Friday 25 June 2021 and Sunday 11 July 2021, you may be eligible for the accommodation support grant.

Two different grant amounts are available:

  • $2,000 for cancellations of 10 nights or less
  • $5,000 for cancellations of 11 nights or more.

If you have more than one accommodation property in NSW, you'll be able to submit an application for each property.

A qualified accountant, registered tax agent, registered BAS agent or real estate agent may apply for the grant on behalf of your business.

Your accountant will need to provide a letter of authority from you to show that they are authorised to act on behalf of your business if they are not listed as an associate on the Australian Business Register.

Applications are now closed. If you need assistance, please call us on 13 77 88.


To be eligible for the grant, you must:

  • be an eligible business as defined by the ANZSIC codes in the guidelines
  • have accommodation premises physically located in NSW
  • have an active ABN held before 25 June 2021, which is registered for GST
  • be able to show evidence of cancellations between Friday 25 June 2021 and Sunday 11 July 2021.

If you run a private residence as an Airbnb or short-stay accommodation rental, you're eligible for this grant only if:

  • you meet the eligibility requirements above
  • the income from the holiday accommodation is your primary income.

Ineligible businesses

The following are not eligible for the accommodation support grant:

  • accommodation premises that are owned and operated by a local government or state agency – however, lessees for their accommodation premises can apply
  • businesses that rent out mobile accommodation facilities, which do not have fixed addresses, such as caravans, camp trailers or tent hire companies
  • providers of kennels, catteries, pet resorts and other solely non-human accommodation.

What you need

  • a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
  • your proof of identity
  • your valid ABN number
  • your business banking details for payment
  • a letter of authority, where required.

Evidence to support eligibility

You must declare that you:

  • meet the eligibility criteria at the time of application
  • are continuing to provide accommodation premises for tourists
  • did not charge any cancellation fee and/or refunded any amount paid for the booking cost (other than standard credit card fees).

To show evidence of cancelled bookings, you must also provide:

  • an occupancy report for the relevant accommodation premises
  • a cancellation report or other record of cancellation.
    Note: You'll need to remove the name and contact details of your guests before providing Service NSW with this information.

If your ABN is registered outside NSW, but your accommodation premises are in NSW, you'll need to provide the most recent:

  • utility bill (gas, electricity, telecommunications, water)
  • business licence or other registration identifying the location of the accommodation provider’s business
  • council rate notice.

If you operate an accommodation booking agency or are a real estate agent managing multiple properties, you must submit separate applications for each property you manage.

Auditing requirements

Successful applications may be subject to an audit.

Service NSW can request a combination of the following documents to support its determination of eligibility and use of funds in accordance with accommodation support grant Terms and Conditions including:

  • evidence of a business website, photos, brochures or similar displaying the business name and logo showing it provides relevant eligible services
  • commercial rates notice
  • lease agreement
  • utility bills
  • insurance papers
  • supply invoices
  • registration papers
  • contractor licences
  • occupancy reports and cancellation reports, or other records of cancellation
  • letter of authority
  • accountant’s letter.

You'll need to keep all documentary evidence relied upon in your application for a minimum of 5 years.

Proof of identity

Two proof of identity documents are required. They may include:

  • Australian driver licence
  • Medicare card
  • Australian passport
  • Australian birth certificate
  • Australian travel visa
  • Australian citizenship certificate
  • Australian certificate of registration by descent
  • Australian ImmiCard.

How to apply

Applications are now closed. If you need assistance, please call us on 13 77 88.

More information

Eligible accommodation providers that have received the 2021 COVID-19 business grant, micro-business grant or JobSaver payment can apply for this grant.