As a NSW permanent resident aged 60 or over, you can apply for:
- a NSW Seniors Card if you're averaging 20 hours or less of paid work a week across a 12-month period, or
- a NSW Senior Savers Card if you're averaging more than 20 hours of paid work a week across a 12-month period.
Both cards are free and give you discounts and special offers at over 7,400 businesses across NSW including shops, restaurants and professional services. Many interstate businesses also provide discounts on request.
The NSW Seniors Card gives you access to the Gold Opal Card transport concessions and public transport concessions Australia-wide.
If you reduce your paid employment to 20 hours a week or less (averaged over 12 months), or you retire completely, you can convert your Senior Savers Card to a Seniors Card.
For more information on these cards, visit the Seniors Card website.
You must be:
- 60 years of age or over
- a permanent resident of NSW
- the holder of a valid green Medicare card or a Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) card
- averaging 20 hours or less a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Seniors Card)
- averaging more than 20 hours a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Senior Savers Card).
What you need
- your postal address details
- your date of birth
- your valid green Medicare card details or Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) card details
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete and submit the online form.
- When your application is processed you'll receive an email confirmation. The card will arrive by post in about 21 days.
Note: If you're unable to apply online or have questions about your application, call us on 13 77 88.
- You can apply online for either card.
- To understand how Service NSW manages your information, please read our privacy statement.