As a NSW permanent resident aged 60 or over, you can apply for either a NSW Seniors Card or Senior Savers Card.
Both cards are free and give you discounts and special offers at thousands of businesses across NSW including shops, restaurants and professional services. Many interstate businesses also provide discounts on request.
The NSW Seniors Card gives you access to the Gold Opal Card transport concessions and public transport concessions Australia-wide. The NSW Senior Savers Card does not offer this benefit.
You can apply online, in person or by phone.
For more information on these cards, visit the Seniors Card website.
You must be:
- 60 years of age or over
- living in NSW
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- not working at all or averaging 20 hours or less a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Seniors Card)
- averaging more than 20 hours a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Senior Savers Card).
Note: If you reduce your paid employment to 20 hours a week or less (averaged over 12 months), or you retire completely, you can switch your Senior Savers Card to a Seniors Card.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
- an email address (to create your account)
- 2 proof of identity documents – one document must prove your Australian citizenship or permanent resident status
- your postal address details
- your date of birth.
Proof of identity
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Complete and submit the online form.
- When your application is processed, you'll receive an email confirmation with your card number. The card will arrive by post in about 21 days.
Note: If you're unable to apply online or have questions about your application, call us on 13 77 88.
Digital Seniors Card program
You can opt in to get a digital Seniors/Senior Savers Card on the Service NSW app by following these steps:
- Download the latest version of the Service NSW app to your smartphone.
- Log into the app with your MyServiceNSW Account details.
- Select 'Add a digital licence or credential' and then select 'Seniors/Senior Savers Card' and follow the prompts.
Your Seniors/Senior Savers Card will display in the app under Licences and Credentials. Select your card to show participating businesses.
For detailed instructions, see How to add your Seniors or Senior Savers Card to the Service NSW app – PDF.
- If you're a new card applicant, you'll still receive a physical card – you can use both your digital and physical card at participating businesses.
- If you're an existing card holder, you can log in or create a MyServiceNSW Account and add 'Seniors/Senior Savers Card' as a service to your account at anytime. See How to add services to your MyServiceNSW Account for more information.
- You can contact 13 77 88 or visit a Service NSW Centre for assistance.