If you're intending to dispose of, or sell any of your beehives, you must inform the Department of Primary Industries within 28 days.
What you'll need
- your personal and contact details
- your registration number
- the name, beekeeper registration number, and contact details of the person to whom you sold or disposed of the beehives
- the number of hives
- the method of disposal
- the date of disposal
- the PDF form – 'Notice of Sale or Disposal of Beehives'.
How to submit
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Enter the required information.
- Using the contact details listed on the form, submit your notice by email or post.
Things to keep in mind...
Management arrangements for bee biosecurity risks in NSW changed on 1 July 2017. The changes recognise the importance of maintaining the beekeeping industry, bee population and human health across NSW. To find out more about the changes please refer to the Bees Biosecurity Fact Sheet – PDF.