If you're intending to dispose of, or sell any of your beehives, you must inform the Department of Primary Industries within 28 days.
What you need
- a Department of Primary Industries username and password
- your personal and contact details
- your registration number
- the name, beekeeper registration number, and contact details of the person to whom you sold or disposed of the beehives
- the number of hives
- the method and date of disposal.
How to submit
- Select the 'Submit notice' button.
- Sign up or login to the Department of Primary Industries portal.
- Complete the online application form.
Note: Alternatively, you can complete the PDF form 'Notice of Sale or Disposal of Beehives'. Using the contact details listed on the form, submit your notice by email or post.
From 1 July 2020, all NSW beekeepers will need to adhere to the Australian Honey Bee Industry Biosecurity Code of Practice as a condition of registration. For more information, visit the Department of Primary Industries website.