Service NSW (in partnership with Revenue NSW and Regional NSW) is delivering the Northern Rivers Medium Size Business Flood Grant (the grant) on behalf of the NSW Government. Service NSW is collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility for the grant and for related purposes.
Service NSW gives priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the following purposes:
- processing your application and determining your eligibility for the grant
- providing you with further information about the grant and, if you consent, follow-up support for this and other flood related support programs
- creating a MyServiceNSW Business Profile for you if you do not already have one (see more information about the Business Profile)
- establishing or maintaining records in your MyServiceNSW Account and MyServiceNSW Business Profile
- other directly related purposes.
What personal information do we collect?
Service NSW will collect the following personal information:
- information such as your name, date of birth, contact details (address, email and phone number), proof of identity information (such as your driver’s licence number, Medicare card details, or information from other identity documents), your bank account details and Australian Business Number (ABN)
- you may also need to provide additional personal information to satisfy the eligibility requirement for the payment of the grant.
Service NSW does not require you to disclose your Tax File Number (TFN) for the purposes of the grant. If you submit information to Service NSW that includes your TFN, for example, an Australian income tax return, you should remove or obscure your TFN where possible. If you are not able to remove or obscure your TFN, Service NSW will not make use of that TFN for any purpose and will take reasonable security measures to protect your TFN from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse.
How will we use and disclose this information?
Service NSW may use your personal information to:
- verify the information you provide with a public/private authority
- assess your application to determine eligibility for a grant
- conduct auditing, investigation and compliance activities to:
- assess whether the Terms and Conditions attaching to grant payments have been complied with
- investigate any allegations of fraud and to assess the financial integrity of the grant
- contact you about your application, including to confirm the information in your application or to request additional information, or to discuss the outcome of your application
- contact you to invite you to participate in voluntary evaluation of the grant
- assess your eligibility for other state and Commonwealth government financial support programs
- contact you about registering your interest in being notified of other available flood-related business support
- collect, maintain and use information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you
- identify other Service NSW administered grants, vouchers or rebates for which you may be eligible, or to identify other SNSW products and services that may be relevant to you.
Service NSW may disclose the information in your application to:
- Revenue NSW, for the following purposes:
- to assess your eligibility for the grant,
- to take the necessary action so that the payment may be recovered, if Service NSW reasonably suspects that the conditions for payment of the grant have been contravened and
- to conduct compliance and debt recovery activities.
- Regional NSW for the purpose of administering, auditing, reporting and evaluating the grant
- Commonwealth for the purpose of administering, auditing, reporting and evaluating the grant
- public/private entities (including the Document Verification Service) in order to verify the information you provide in support of your application or request additional information
- NSW Police, if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other criminal activity
- NSW Treasury and/or the Department of Customer Service for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that NSW Treasury can analyse and report on the grant. Any report or publications on the evaluation of the grant will not identify any individual that has registered or participated in grant
- Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes in accordance with the Data Sharing (Government Sector) Act 2015.
In addition, Service NSW may disclose your personal information as follows:
- where Service NSW has conducted an investigation in response to information provided by the ATO, to share the results of that investigation with the ATO
- to the Australian Transactions Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC), if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other financial crime, or has conducted an investigation in response to information provided by AUSTRAC and is sharing the results of that investigation with AUSTRAC
- to any relevant regulatory, professional or industry body if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of unsatisfactory professional conduct or any other type of misconduct, including, but not limited to:
- the Tax Practitioners Board
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- the Law Society of NSW.
Service NSW will not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless you provide your consent, or we are required or authorised to do so by law. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse. Service NSW will save your application as you go. If you do not complete the application, Service NSW will delete any information collected in partially completed applications after seven days.
Are you required by law to provide us with this information?
Service NSW will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide you with the required services and assistance. Providing us with the requested information is voluntary. If you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
Please see our privacy statement for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored, and to contact us. Service NSW is located at 2–24 Rawson Place Sydney NSW 2000.