If you're a commercial property owner in the Northern Rivers and you were directly impacted by storms and floods in February and March 2022, you may be eligible for the Northern Rivers Commercial Property Return to Business Support Grant.
This disaster recovery grant of up to $50,000 will help commercial property owners pay for costs associated with the re-establishment, clean-up and reinstatement of commercial properties to allow tenants and occupants to return to business.
To be eligible, your commercial property must be in one of the following defined local government areas (LGAs):
- Clarence Valley
- Richmond Valley
- Tweed Shire.
The maximum grant amount for clean-up and reinstatement is $50,000 per commercial property. If a commercial property comprises multiple commercial spaces, the maximum payment is up to $50,000 per commercial space occupied by an individual business at that commercial property.
Covered costs could include, but are not limited to:
- safety inspections of property damage
- equipment or materials required for clean-up
- equipment or materials required for immediately reinstating tenants
- payment for a cleaner, if the cost would not have been incurred if the flooding had not occurred
- repairing a building, or repairing or replacing fittings in a building, if it is essential for resuming operations and is the applicant’s responsibility.
Applications close on 30 March 2023.
Help with applying
Please watch this short video with hints and tips to help businesses apply for financial support with Service NSW.
To be eligible, you must have owned a commercial property in the defined LGAs at the time of the February and March 2022 floods and:
- be able to demonstrate that at the time of, or in the 6 months prior to, the February and March 2022 floods:
- you held a lawful signed and binding commercial lease agreement with a tenant who was operating a small or medium business; or
- you were both the owner of the commercial property and of the small or medium business that operates at the address; or
- the property was advertised as available for rent;
- provide evidence that the commercial property suffered uninsured direct damage as a result of the February and March 2022 floods;
- show that you are primarily responsible for meeting the costs claimed in the application; and
- show that you intend to repair or otherwise return the commercial property to a condition that enables a small or medium business to occupy and operate from the property.
If you own multiple eligible properties, you may apply for the grant for each property owned, if you meet the above criteria. You must apply separately for each property.
Not-for-profit organisations are eligible if they:
- owned commercial property within the defined LGAs at the time of the February and March 2022 floods and meet the eligibility requirements
- are either:
- registered with Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission or an equivalent state regulatory body and held that registration as at 22 February 2022;
- registered as an incorporated association or co-operative with Fair Trading NSW and were registered on or before 22 February 2022; or
- deemed to be a not-for-profit organisation, in accordance with the current Australian Accounting Standards Board on or before 22 February 2022.
You may also be eligible under exceptional circumstances. See more information about alternative circumstances. When submitting a claim, you may be asked to provide additional information to support your application.
You are not eligible if you are claiming costs previously funded by any of the following grant programs:
- February and March 2022 storm and flood disaster recovery small business grant of up to $50,000
- Northern Rivers medium size business grant of up to $200,000
$10,000 small business northern flood grant
- Primary producer special disaster grant of up to $75,000 for the February 2022 NSW floods
- Rural Landholders Grant of up to $25,000 for the February 2022 NSW floods.
Commercial properties are not eligible for this grant if they are:
- owned and operated by national and multinational organisations including:
- those listed on a public securities exchange (for example, Australian Securities Exchange) or are wholly or partially (greater than 20%) owned by an entity listed on a public securities exchange; and/or
- those that operate in more than one country or are part of a group that operates in more than one country
- mining, primary industry, forestry or fishery commercial properties
- owned by a superannuation fund regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, except if the applicant is a self-managed superannuation fund as defined in the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 that has its own tax file number and Australian Business Number
- commercial properties where there are no premises or buildings at the property address (for example, vacant blocks).
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – if you do not have one, you'll need to create a MyServiceNSW Account before calling us
- your proof of identity
- evidence that you own the commercial property and that it is located in a defined LGA, such as:
- a contract for sale of land
- 2020–21 rates notice
- Revenue NSW Client ID and Correspondence ID
- for each commercial property or claimed commercial space, a copy of the relevant commercial lease agreement, or copies of commercial leasing advertisements if the property was vacant
- a certificate of insurance and/or insurance claim outcome determination, if applicable
- if your commercial property comprises multiple commercial spaces, a list of each business that operates at the property and a description of its commercial space
- evidence of your non-profit status (if applicable)
your banking details for payment.
Note: A qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent may apply on behalf of your business. Your accountant will need to provide a letter of authority from you to show that they are authorised to act on behalf of your business if they are not listed as an associate on the Australian Business Register.
Evidence of direct damage
If you have been paid under a previous disaster recovery grant for the same commercial property, you are considered a returning customer. You may be eligible for further payments for damage not covered by a previous grant.
As a returning customer, your claims must be supported by:
- a list of the direct storm and flood-related damage
- quotes or estimates substantiating the amounts claimed
- photographic evidence of the direct storm and flood-related damage; and
- evidence of payment for the funds claimed.
If you have been paid under a previous disaster recovery grant for a different commercial property, you are considered a one-time customer for this grant.
If you are a one-time customer and your initial claim is up to $25,000, you must provide:
- a list of the direct storm and flood-related damage
- quotes or estimates substantiating the amounts claimed; and
- photographic evidence of the direct storm and flood-related damage.
If the total of all your claims is more than $25,000, you must also provide evidence of payment for all funds claimed, including in relation to previous claims once the $25,000 has been reached.
For all customers, if your initial claim is less than the maximum payment, you can submit additional claims as required, up to a total of $50,000.
Proof of identity
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Have your documentation and evidence ready for uploading.
- Create a MyServiceNSW Account if you do not already have one.
- Call 13 77 88 and speak to one of our team members.
- You will then be sent an email with a secure link to the application form.
When you submit your application, you'll receive a confirmation email with an application reference number. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes after completing your application, please check your junk mail folder. If you are still unable to locate the confirmation email, please call 13 77 88.
After your application is received, it will be reviewed. If additional information to support your application is required, you'll be notified. If your application is approved, a payment will be transferred to your specified bank account within 5 business days.