If you're the new owner or operator of a NSW registered vehicle, you need to transfer the registration within 14 days from the date of purchase. You can do this online after the previous owner or operator has submitted a notice of disposal.Transfer online
Transfer a vehicle registration
- the previous owner to have submitted a notice of disposal
- the vehicle's NSW registration plate number
- a MyServiceNSW Account connected to Roads and Maritime Services
- your pensioner details (if applicable)
- the vehicle purchase date
- the purchase price or market price of the vehicle (whichever is higher)
- payment for the transfer fee and any additional fees and taxes (if applicable).
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Transfer online' button.
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, or register one now.
- Enter the NSW plate number of the vehicle, or choose the NSW plate number from the list displayed.
- Enter the sale details.
- If you're a pensioner, enter your pensioner details.
- Check and confirm your registration transfer.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Make your payment.
- Print the receipt or send it to your email address.
If you're not eligible to transfer the registration online:
- download and complete the Application for Transfer of Registration – PDF
- visit a service centre with the completed form, your proof of identification and your proof of registration entitlement.
- hold a NSW driver licence
- be transferring a vehicle registered in NSW.
Sometimes it's not possible to transfer registration online. You'll need to visit a service centre if:
- you've bought the vehicle on behalf of an organisation
- the previous owner has not submitted a notice of disposal, or
- you're entitled to a stamp duty exemption – visit Registration costs and concessions at the Roads and Maritime website to learn more.
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.