If you're the new owner or operator of a NSW registered vehicle, you need to transfer the registration within 14 days from the date of purchase. Transfer your registration online after the previous owner or operator has submitted a notice of disposal.Transfer online
Transfer a vehicle registration
To transfer registration online, you will need:
- the previous owner to have submitted a notice of disposal
- the vehicle's NSW registration plate number
- a MyServiceNSW Account connected to Roads and Maritime Services
- your pensioner details (if applicable)
- the vehicle purchase date
- the purchase price or market price of the vehicle (whichever is higher), and
- payment for the transfer fee and any additional fees and taxes (if applicable).
- Select the 'Transfer online' button.
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, or register one now.
- Enter the NSW plate number of the vehicle, or choose the NSW plate number from the list displayed.
- Enter the sale details.
- If you're a pensioner, enter your pensioner details.
- Check and confirm your registration transfer.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Print the receipt or send it to any email address.
To transfer registration online, you must:
- hold a NSW Driver Licence, and
- be transferring a vehicle registered in NSW.
Sometimes it is not possible to transfer registration online. You'll need to visit a service centre if:
- you have bought the vehicle on behalf of an organisation
- the previous owner has not submitted a notice of disposal, or
- you're entitled to a stamp duty exemption – visit Registration costs and concessions at the Roads and Maritime website to learn more.
To submit a paper form, download, print and complete the Application for Transfer of Registration – PDF and take it to a service centre with your proof of identification and your proof of registration entitlement.Transfer online
- you must transfer the registration into your name within 14 days from the date that it comes into your possession, control, ownership or management, otherwise a late transfer fee may apply
- to transfer online, the previous owner must have submitted a notice of disposal.
Please note that you will be unable to transfer registration online if the previous owner has not submitted a notice of disposal.Transfer online
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.