Back to top

If you provide passenger transport services in New South Wales such as taxis, private hire, rideshare or tour drive operations, you’ll need to apply for a passenger transport licence code (PTLC).

If you held a valid driver authority on 31 October 2017, you will automatically have the PTLC applied to your driver licence record. 

Download PDF form
  • proof of identity
  • unrestricted Australian driver licence with an expiry date that is 5 years or less
  • completed commercial standard medical test (if applicable)
  • eyesight report by an optometrist or ophthalmologist (if applicable).
Download PDF form
  1. Check the eligibility requirements.
  2. Select the 'Download PDF form’ button.
  3. Complete, print and sign the form.
  4. Gather the required documents.
  5. Visit a service centre and submit your application.
Download PDF form

You need to:

  • meet medical standards for commercial vehicle drivers
  • provide a medical report if you declare a medical condition
  • provide an eyesight report from an optometrist or ophthalmologist if you declare a vision or eye disorder.
Download PDF form
  • Once you’ve applied, you'll hear back from Roads and Maritime within 14 business days. 
  • The PTLC will appear on your driver licence under 'Conditions'.
  • A driver licence holder with a PTLC will be subject to 0.02 blood alcohol concentration when driving a point to point passenger service or public passenger service.
  • When renewing your driver licence, you’ll need to re-apply for your PTLC, and pass a commercial eyesight test each time. 
  • If you wish to remove the PTLC from your licence, you can make a request at a service centre. There's no cost involved. 
Download PDF form

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: