The COVID-19 Test and Isolate support payment provides $320 to eligible NSW workers who need to self-isolate and are unable to work while waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
You'll need to apply for the payment within 7 days of having the test.
NSW workers can apply for the $320 payment if they:
The application process
Applications are now open. You’ll need to apply within 7 days of having the test.
Method of application
You can apply online.
You'll need a MyServiceNSW Account to apply. If you do not have one, you can create an account when you start your application. A MyServiceNSW Account allows you to claim vouchers and rebates, renew licences and gives you access to your personalised information.
You cannot apply in a Service NSW Centre.
Frequency of applications
You can only receive one $320 COVID-19 Test and Isolate support payment in a 30-day period.
Who is eligible
NSW workers who need to self-isolate while waiting for a COVID-19 test result can apply for the $320 payment providing they:
- live in NSW
- are aged 17 years or over
- have had a COVID-19 test (nose and throat swabs known as PCR tests) on or after 9 September due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- have needed to self-isolate after your COVID-19 test, or be the carer or guardian for someone who needed to self-isolate after their test
- are likely to have worked during the period of self-isolation and are unable to work due to:
- the requirement to self-isolate following a COVID-19 test
- having to care for someone who is required to self-isolate following a COVID-19 test.
Who is not eligible
NSW workers are not eligible for this payment if they:
- can work from home during their time of self-isolation
- receive any income, earnings or salary during their time of self-isolation
- have access to sick leave, carers leave or pandemic leave during their time of self-isolation
- receive income support from the Australian Government (including the COVID-19 Disaster Payment or Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment) or financial support from the NSW Government (such as micro-business grant or JobSaver payment) during their time of self-isolation
- have been directed by NSW Health to test and isolate as they’re a close contact of a known case
- have had a rapid antigen test
- are an essential worker who is required to test every 3 days.
Other types of financial assistance
You may be eligible for other types of financial assistance as a part of the NSW Government’s COVID-19 response. See the NSW Government's website for more information.
Evidence and documentation
If you're unable to provide sufficient evidence
If you cannot supply sufficient evidence, you will not be eligible for the payment. If you are unsure of what information you need to provide, you can review the list of required documents.
Attaching your documents
Uploading your files to your application
If you have your supporting documents stored on your computer, follow the directions in the application to upload the ones you need.
If you do not have the documents on your computer, you can use an app to scan and save them or take a photo of them and save them to your computer.
Compressing large files
To reduce the file size, follow these instructions depending on the type of computer you have:
Mac – Compress your PDF
- In the Preview app on your Mac, open the PDF, then choose File > Export. Do not choose 'Export as PDF'.
- Select the Quartz Filter pop-up menu, then choose Reduce File Size.
PC – Compress your PDF online
- Open your internet browser. Navigate to the Acrobat online PDF compressor.
- Choose Select a File and locate your PDF, or simply drag and drop it to the Compress PDF field.
- Once your file is compressed, download your file.
Application processing time
After you submit your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your application reference number. If you do not receive this email after completing your application, please check your junk mail folder. We’ll contact you if we need additional information.
Successful applicants will be paid the $320 lump sum within 3 days of lodging their application.
Audits on successful applications
Your application may be subject to an audit by the NSW Government or its representatives. By applying for the payment, you agree to participate in the process if required.
Privacy and personal information
Protecting your privacy
See our Privacy Collection Notice for information on how we manage your personal information.