Service NSW in partnership with NSW Treasury are collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility for the Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate Scheme ('the Scheme').
Service NSW and NSW Treasury give priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with NSW Privacy Laws, including the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the purposes of:
- Processing and determining your eligibility for the Scheme. This may include disclosing the contents of your application, and any other additional information you provide to NSW Treasury for further assessment and review
- Contacting you, or any other public/private authority, to request/verify/confirm the information you provide in support of your application, to enable us to process your application, and subject to applicable law. This may include providing your Australian Business Number (ABN) to Revenue NSW in the Department of Customer Service to obtain information on whether your business is registered for payroll tax and your total reported wages are below $1.2 million for 2019-20.
- Providing you with further information and guidance about the Scheme
- Responding to complaints and enquiries in relation to the Scheme, including disclosure to NSW Treasury and relevant authorities, where necessary
- Conducting auditing and compliance activities to confirm that the relevant eligibility criteria and Terms and Conditions have been met and to ensure the financial integrity of the Scheme. This may involve sharing information with NSW Treasury or other public and/or private organisations, for example NSW Police, or their delegated agent for this purpose.
- Verifying the evidence of your identity documents with the Document Verification Service
- Contacting you at the end of the Scheme for monitoring and evaluating purposes
- Contacting you about future Service NSW for Business programs and services
- Other directly related purposes.
Service NSW will only collect such information that is reasonably necessary to verify the identity of applicants and deliver and evaluate the eligibility for the Scheme. To verify the identity of applicants, the following personal information may be collected, including name, date of birth, contact details such as address, email and phone number, drivers licence details and Medicare card details or other related documents required to verify your identity.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless Service NSW is required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies, or as required by law.
Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes. This may include sharing certain information to NSW Treasury for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that NSW Treasury can analyse and report for auditing purposes on the Scheme. Any report or publications on the evaluation of the Scheme will not identify any individual that has participated in the Scheme as an applicant.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse.
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, how you can access and correct it, raise concerns about an alleged breach of privacy law or other relevant legislation, or to make a privacy complaint, please visit Service NSW Privacy.
Department of Customer Service
(on behalf of Service NSW)
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 13 77 88