The NSW Government has launched Dine & Discover NSW to encourage NSW residents to support hospitality, arts and tourism businesses.
NSW residents aged 18 and over can apply for $100 worth of vouchers (four $25 vouchers). These can be used at participating NSW businesses that are registered as COVID Safe.
Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers are available to invited test and pilot participants only at this stage.
All NSW residents aged 18 and over will be able to apply online for Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers from March 2021
Test and pilot
Before Dine & Discover NSW opens up across the state, the scheme will be:
- tested with a small number of participants at The Rocks and Broken Hill in early February
- piloted with a larger group in Sydney CBD, Bega Valley and Northern Beaches from late February.
How do I apply for the test or pilot?
Service NSW will invite customers in the test and pilot areas to participate.
Do I need to apply for the vouchers by a particular date?
There is no cut-off date to apply for the vouchers.
Will I need to apply again after the test and pilot ends?
No, you will not need to apply again.
What if I don't use the vouchers during the test and pilot?
Vouchers not redeemed during this time can be used when the scheme expands state-wide.
Can I use my vouchers anywhere?
During this time, vouchers can be used in the test and pilot areas only at participating businesses that are registered as COVID Safe.
Can I apply for more vouchers after the test and pilot have ended?
No, each eligible resident receives four vouchers and cannot apply for more.
Who can apply for Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers?
- be a NSW resident
- be aged 18 years or over
- have a MyServiceNSW Account.
Applying for vouchers
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply through your MyServiceNSW Account.
- 2 proof of identity documents such as an Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Australian passport.
Important: the names must match on your documents
- a mobile device (iOS or Android) to download the Service NSW app and use the vouchers.
How will I receive the vouchers?
If you are successful, you'll find the four $25 vouchers under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the Service NSW App, ready to use within an hour.
You'll also receive an email from Service NSW with the vouchers available to download and print.
Using the vouchers
How do I use the Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers?
If you're successful, you'll find the four $25 vouchers under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the Service NSW App within an hour. You'll also receive an email from Service NSW with the vouchers available to download and print.
- Log in to the Service NSW App on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select ‘Vouchers’.
- Select the valid voucher you wish to use.
- Select 'Find a business' to choose a participating business.
- Present the voucher QR code for the business to scan at payment.
- Your device will show the voucher as being used.
If you do not have a smartphone or tablet, you can choose to download and print the vouchers instead. Both printed and digital options can be scanned by participating businesses.
What activities qualify for the Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers?
- Dine NSW Vouchers can be used to dine in at a restaurant, café, bar, winery, pub or club from Monday to Thursday (excluding public holidays).
- Discover NSW Vouchers can be used for entertainment and recreation, including cultural institutions, live music, and arts venues, any day of the week (excluding public holidays).
When can I use the Dine & Discover NSW Vouchers?
- Dine NSW Vouchers can be used from Monday to Thursday (excluding public holidays). Your vouchers will not be valid outside these days.
- Discover NSW Vouchers can be used any day of the week (excluding public holidays).
What types of activities are excluded from the scheme?
Vouchers cannot be:
- redeemed for cash
- used for
- takeaway meals
- online orders (Dine NSW Vouchers only).
Can I use more than one voucher for the same bill?
You can only redeem one voucher per day at a business. However, you can combine your voucher with another person's voucher towards the same bill.
Can I use a voucher if the bill is less than $25?
Yes, you can, but neither you nor the business will receive the leftover amount. Any balance of funds is forfeited.
Where can I find a business that accepts vouchers?
You can search for participating businesses in the Service NSW app after you've received your vouchers.
The Dine & Discover NSW business finder will be available from the Service NSW website for state rollout.
Why is a business declining my voucher?
A business cannot accept a voucher if:
- they are not registered and approved for the Dine & Discover NSW scheme.
- you attempt to use a Dine NSW voucher outside the eligible days
- your voucher is no longer valid.