Stay NSW Voucher Scheme – Privacy Collection Notice (Customer Participation)
Collecting your information
Service NSW, in partnership with the Department of Customer Service (“DCS”) and NSW Treasury are collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility to participate in the Stay NSW Voucher Scheme (“the Scheme”). Your personal information may also be collected in order to administer the Scheme, including to review compliance with the Scheme and the Terms and Conditions for participation in the Scheme.
Service NSW, DCS and NSW Treasury give priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Types of information we collect
As part of the Scheme, DCS and Service NSW may collect your personal information including your:
- date of birth
- contact details such as email address, phone number and residential address
- identity document details, such as driver’s licence and Medicare card
- transaction details.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application to receive vouchers as part of the Scheme and you may not be able to participate in the Scheme.
Purpose for collecting your information
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the purposes of:
- Processing and determining eligibility to receive a voucher and participate in the Scheme. This may include disclosing your application, and any other additional information you provide, to DCS and/or NSW Treasury.
- Contacting you, or any public entity or person, to request/verify/confirm the information you provide in support of your application, as may be necessary to process your application, and subject to applicable law.
- Contacting you to communicate about your application to receive a voucher or participation in the Scheme.
- Responding to and communicating about complaints and enquiries in relation to the Scheme.
- This may include disclosure of your personal information to NSW Treasury and relevant authorities.
- Contacting you for Scheme evaluation activities (if you have consented to be contacted about this).
- Providing you with further information and guidance about the Scheme.
- Conducting auditing, investigation and compliance activities to assess whether the eligibility criteria and Terms and Conditions have been and are being met, to investigate any allegations of fraud or failure to comply with Terms and Conditions and to assess the financial integrity of the Scheme. This may involve sharing information with NSW Treasury, DCS or other public or private entities, for example, NSW Police, the Australian Taxation Office, or their delegated agent, for this purpose.
- Verification of evidence of identity documents with the Document Verification Service.
- Other directly related purposes.
Using and sharing your information
Your personal information will normally be used for the primary reason that it was collected or a directly related secondary purpose. It may be disclosed to NSW Treasury, DCS and other public or private entities including NSW Police or the Australian Taxation Office or their agents, for the purposes outlined above. It may also be used and disclosed in an emergency situation to help prevent a serious or imminent threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or where we are authorised or required to do so by law.
Service NSW is allowed to collect, maintain and use information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you. Service NSW may use your information to identify other Service NSW administered grants, vouchers or rebates for which you may be eligible, or to identify other products and services that may be relevant to you.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless DCS or Service NSW are required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies, or as required by law.
Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes. This may include sharing certain information with DCS and/or NSW Treasury for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that DCS and/or NSW Treasury can analyse and report for auditing purposes on the Scheme. Any report or publication on the evaluation of the Scheme will not identify any individual who has participated in the Scheme.
Protecting your information
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse.
Accessing your information
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, how you can access and correct it, to raise concerns about an alleged breach of privacy law or other relevant legislation, or to make a privacy complaint, please visit Service NSW Privacy.
Department of Customer Service
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 13 77 88