Families with children aged 4 to 13 years that attend a primary school in NSW can receive a $500 voucher per child to reduce the out-of-pocket costs of before and after school care.
This includes children who are starting kindergarten in 2022.
You can apply for a voucher from 28 February to 30 September 2022 for each eligible child online or at a Service NSW Centre.
A voucher can be:
- redeemed with a before and after school care provider from 28 February to 31 December 2022 (voucher credit can be used for services until 30 June 2023)
- used on any weekday during the school term, or on days of the week when vacation care is provided during the redemption period.
Your child must be:
- a resident of NSW
- aged between 4 and 13 years
- enrolled in a primary school in NSW
- listed on a valid Medicare card.
Note: You can apply for one voucher per child, provided each child meets the eligibility criteria.
Each voucher must be used:
- towards the cost of childcare for schoolchildren at participating and approved early childhood providers of before and after school care and vacation care
- for out-of-pocket gap fee expenses after the Child Care Subsidy portion has been applied
- for one child only (vouchers are not transferrable to another child or third party)
- in a single transaction with one provider
- from 28 February to 31 December 2022 (voucher credit can be used for services until 30 June 2023).
Vouchers can’t be refunded, transferred or redeemed for any activities such as excursions or extra-curricular programs that have a cost associated with them outside of standard fees.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
- 2 proof of identity documents for the parent, carer or guardian
- your child's name, date of birth, address, Medicare card details and Commonwealth CRN (Customer Reference Number)
- the details of the school and before and after school care provider that your child attends.
Proof of identity
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the voucher.
If successful, you'll:
- find the voucher under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the Service NSW app and in your MyServiceNSW Account.
- receive an email from Service NSW with the voucher available to download and print.
Note: If you do not have a MyServiceNSW Account or you're unable to apply online, you can apply at a service centre.
How to use a voucher
- Choose a before and after school care provider where you'll use the voucher.
- Log in to the Service NSW app on your mobile device.
- Select ‘Vouchers’.
- Select the before and after school care voucher.
- Present the voucher QR code for the provider to scan at payment.
- Your device will show the voucher as being used.
- If you do not have a mobile device, you can provide the printed voucher or voucher code instead.
- Both printed and digital options can be scanned by participating providers.
- If your regular provider is not included in the Business and voucher finder tool, you can contact them directly to ask if they accept vouchers.