The NSW Government has launched Parents NSW vouchers to reward and thank eligible NSW households for their efforts to support learning from home in 2021.
Each eligible household can apply for 5 x $50 vouchers, worth $250 in total.
The 5 x $50 Parents NSW vouchers can be used:
- 7 days a week, including public holidays
- at Discover NSW businesses for entertainment and recreation activities
- at Stay NSW businesses for accommodation bookings
- until 9 October 2022.
Note: Only one set of Parents NSW Vouchers for each eligible household. You do not need to re-apply for multiple children.
To apply for the Parents NSW vouchers, you must be:
- a NSW resident
- the parent, guardian or carer of a child who was aged 4.5 to 18 years in 2021 and enrolled in school which includes:
- students from kindergarten to year 12
- secondary school education students at TAFE NSW.
- If a school-enrolled child has 2 parents, guardians or carers at separate addresses, and the child lives at both addresses, each household can apply for a set of vouchers provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
If a school-enrolled child is on a separate Medicare card, you can apply if you are an eligible parent, guardian or carer and the child is either:
aged 15 years or over and has their own Medicare card
living with you in a foster, relative or kinship care arrangement and shared a NSW home address with you in 2021.
- NSW residents whose child was enrolled during 2021 in a government school, non-government school, or registered for home schooling, may be eligible to apply.
- NSW residents whose school-enrolled child attended an interstate boarding school in 2021 may be eligible if in 2021 the child shared a NSW home address with the parent, guardian or carer who is applying for the Parents NSW Vouchers.
- Overnight stays with family and/or friends, or addresses of holiday homes, are not considered households for the purpose of this program.
Find out more about eligibility and other common questions.
You can use each voucher:
- once (if the bill is less than the voucher amount, the remaining balance is given up and cannot be used)
- at participating Discover NSW and Stay NSW businesses:
- on or before the expiry date.
- You can use multiple Parents NSW vouchers for the same purchase up to $250 in total.
- You can combine your vouchers with another person's Parents NSW vouchers up to a total of $250 towards the same bill (if allowed by the business).
Vouchers cannot be:
- redeemed for cash, gift vouchers or credit notes
- used together with other Discover NSW vouchers or Stay NSW vouchers
- used for:
- food or drinks
- Dine NSW experiences
- Spa services
- Airbnb, online accommodation booking platforms and travel agents
- businesses that provide adult entertainment.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create an account when you start your application
- a Medicare card that includes the name of the school-enrolled child
- an additional proof of identity document such as your NSW driver licence or Australian passport
- a document showing your home address, which must be the home address of the school-enrolled child
- the name of the school or educational facility where the child was enrolled in 2021
- the latest version of the Service NSW app on your mobile device (iOS or Android).
Note: Your Medicare card and your proof of identity document must show the same name that appears on your MyServiceNSW Account.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility criteria.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the vouchers.
If your application is successful, you'll find the vouchers under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the Service NSW app, within an hour.
How to use the vouchers
- Find a business registered to accept Stay NSW vouchers or Discover NSW vouchers
- Log in to the Service NSW App on your mobile device.
- Select ‘Vouchers’.
- Select the valid voucher you wish to use.
- Present the voucher QR code for the business to scan at payment.
- Your device will show the voucher as being used.
If you do not have a mobile device, you can provide the business with a printed voucher or voucher code instead.
Participating businesses can scan either printed or digital vouchers. Each voucher can be used once.