The 5 x $50 Parents NSW Vouchers can be used:
To apply for the Parents NSW Vouchers, you must be:
- a NSW resident
- the parent, guardian or carer of a child who was aged 4.5 to 18 years in 2021 and enrolled in school which includes:
- students from kindergarten to year 12
- home-schooled students
- secondary school education students at TAFE NSW
Children living at more than one address
If a school-enrolled child has 2 parents, guardians or carers at separate addresses, and the child lives at both addresses, each household can apply for a set of vouchers provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Overnight stays with family and/or friends, or addresses of holiday homes, are not considered households for the purpose of this program.
Children on a separate Medicare card
Children aged 15 years and over
If a school-enrolled child aged 15 years or over has their own Medicare card, an eligible parent, guardian or carer can apply for the Parents NSW vouchers and provide the child's Medicare card number.
Foster, relative and kinship care
NSW residents living with a child in a foster, relative or kinship care arrangement may be eligible if in 2021 the child shared a NSW home address with the carer applying for the Parents NSW Vouchers.
How to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria but the child is not on your Medicare card, you can apply for the Parents NSW Vouchers.
Children attending interstate schools
NSW residents whose school-enrolled child attended an interstate school in 2021 may be eligible if in 2021 the child shared a NSW home address with the parent, guardian or carer who is applying for the Parents NSW Vouchers.
Applying for vouchers
What you'll need
Follow the instructions to apply for Parents NSW Vouchers online.
Finding the vouchers
When you successfully complete your application, you'll find the vouchers under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the Service NSW app within an hour
Service NSW will also email the vouchers for you to download and print.
If you cannot find the vouchers in the Service NSW app or in your email:
- check to see that you have the latest version of the Service NSW app installed
- check your inbox and spam or junk folders for the email.
Proof of identity
If you do not have a driver’s licence or passport as your proof of identity to complete your application online, you can apply at your nearest Service NSW Centre with a:
- NSW Photo Card
- Medicare card.
Your proof of identity documents must show
- the same name that appears on your MyServiceNSW Account
- your current home address.
Using the vouchers
How to use the vouchers
To use your vouchers:
- find a business registered to accept Stay NSW vouchers or Discover NSW vouchers
- tell the business you are using the Parents NSW voucher for payment
- present the voucher QR code to the participating business to scan, at payment.
If you do not have a mobile device, you can provide the business with
- a printed voucher
- voucher code.
You can track the use of the vouchers in the Service NSW app.
Using multiple vouchers
You can use multiple Parents NSW vouchers for the same purchase up to $250 in total.
If the business allows bill-splitting, you can combine your vouchers with another person's Parents NSW vouchers up to a total of $250 towards the same bill.
Using the vouchers with discounts or deals
The business has the option not to allow you to use Parents NSW vouchers with other discounts or deals.
Participating businesses can choose not to accept the vouchers.
If the value of the purchase is less than the value of the voucher or vouchers used, the remaining balance is given up and cannot be used by the business or the customer.
What to do if a voucher does not work
If a voucher does not work and you cannot use it for payment, you:
- must pay the business for your purchase
- can report the issue by contacting Service NSW.
Declining a voucher
A business cannot accept a Parents NSW Voucher if:
- they're not registered to accept Discover NSW Vouchers or Stay NSW Vouchers
- your voucher is no longer valid.
Participating businesses can choose not to accept the Parents NSW Vouchers.
Voucher end date
Each voucher is valid until Sunday 9 October 2022.
You can use each voucher:
- once (if the bill is less than the voucher amount, the remaining balance is given up and cannot be used)
- with participating businesses that are registered to accept Stay NSW Vouchers or Discover NSW Vouchers
- on or before the expiry date.
You cannot give the vouchers to another person. Parents NSW Vouchers must be used by the person registered to receive the vouchers.
You cannot use your Parents NSW Vouchers with vouchers from other programs such as Dine & Discover, Stay NSW or other NSW Government vouchers.
Vouchers cannot be used for:
- food or drinks
- Dine NSW experiences
- spa services
- Airbnb, online accommodation booking platforms and travel agents
- businesses that provide adult entertainment.
Vouchers cannot be redeemed for:
- gift vouchers
- a credit note from the business.
Protecting your privacy
We only collect the information we need that allows you to:
- apply for and use the Parents NSW vouchers
- find out about related transactions or services.
We are bound by privacy laws in our use of information about you and the businesses registered to accept vouchers.
Staying COVID safe
When you visit a business to use your Parents NSW Vouchers, make sure you follow all COVID safe instructions.
Find out more about how to stay safe and help prevent the spread of COVID-19.